The Swarovski Brand
More than 100 years of dedication have transformed the name Swarovski into the synonym for crystal. Back in 1895, Daniel Swarovski had a dream of creating a crystal so perfect that it captured both the eye and the heart. Always pushing parameters to new extremes, Swarovski takes its medium, crystal, to new heights of brilliance.
Swarovski is the world leader in cut crystal. The company, which has remained fully independent since its foundation in Wattens, Austria, in 1895, employs 20,000 people and maintains a presence in more than 120 countries worldwide. The company draws its richness of expression from the cultural heritage of Central Europe and its talents from forging links between the arts, science and economics. Today, the name of Swarovski stands for exacting workmanship, quality and creativity all over the world.
More Than 100 Years of Innovation and Experience
Daniel Swarovski invented the first machine for cutting crystal in 1895, which led to Swarovski being able to offer the world’s most perfect and brilliant crystals. Countless innovations and inventions followed and today Swarovski continues to develop new cuts, colors, effects and application technologies as well as a dazzling range of crystalline objects. The company continues to offer new creative possibilities and regularly sets trends in a broad spectrum of design areas including jewelry and fashion, lighting and interior design.
Many Swarovski innovations have proved revolutionary: For example the sew-on stones, crystal-studded ribbons or “Crystal Mesh”. Very famous became the effect “Aurora Borealis”, which resulted from a creative partnership between Swarovski and Christian Dior in the 1950s. One of the greatest innovations was the XILION cut, developed in 2004, which opened an entirely new dimension of brilliance. But not only in crystal products Swarovski sets new standards: with its Service Centers all over the world, Swarovski offers to its customers as well the advantages of a global service network.
Swarovski works closely together with renowned international designers and brands worldwide, from early partnerships with fashion icons such as Christian Dior, Elsa Schiaparelli and Chanel to today’s design stars like Armani and Tord Boontje. In addition, Swarovski supports design schools and up-and-coming new designers and is always present at glamorous international galas like the Academy Awards.
The Swarovski philosophy demands respect and responsibility, regardless of whether it is for different cultures, its employees, partners, customers or the environment. These heartfelt values have been central to the company tradition for more than a century and truly reflect the wishes of the company founder Daniel Swarovski I.
In Harmony with Nature
Swarovski has benefited from the gifts of nature, which has allowed it to generate power from an abundance of alpine water while much creative inspiration is drawn from the spectacular beauty of the mountainous region of Tyrol. The company has always had the desire to live in harmony with nature and to give back what it has been able to take. Swarovski’s success in research and development has made it possible to develop and realize pioneering technologies to assist the preservation of the environment. The company also supports projects dedicated to the same cause.
Concern for his employees and the community was very important for the founder Daniel Swarovski I. Today, the company continues to respect this concern, which is reflected in its corporate social responsibility programs and by profit sharing, company pensions, housing projects and other voluntary benefits for its employees.
CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements is the new product brand for Swarovski’s crystal elements. It encapsulates all the beauty in the eye of the beholder and the rich tradition of technological perfection and innovation that are Swarovski hallmarks.
Trend Setting and Trend Orientation
As a true Swarovski brand, CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements fires the imagination of trendsetters and designers. Thanks to its expert, in-house trend team that works with leading fashion forecasters and independent international trend scouts, its products reflect and even set the latest trends.
Swarovski was born in the true spirit of creativity and this tradition has continued to this day. Celebrating the creative power and beauty of crystals is an elemental part of the company’s spirit and it is expressed in every new innovation, cut, color and crystal effect.
When Swarovski and Christian Dior jointly developed the effect “Aurora Borealis” in the 1950s, it was just the beginning of a great success story. Since then, many innovations have resulted from close co-operation between leading designers and Swarovski. The latest innovation developed exclusively for and with Giorgio Armani is the “Diamond Leaf”. So reminiscent of nature’s real leaf, it combines soft organic forms with a high precision cut. The “Diamond Leaf” is the expression of Swarovski’s relationship with the Italian designer that is illustrated in a retrospective at the Guggenheim Museum. The exhibition links Armani’s design style and CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements as a “clear as crystal” creative partnership.
Sparkling Crystal Projects
CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements is deeply committed to nurturing emerging design talents around the world. The brand donates crystal elements to leading fashion and art schools. CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements also supports major museum exhibitions and high profile industry events like the prestigious annual CFDA Awards. Glamorous, fashion-focused projects like Runway Rocks, which highlights the art of catwalk jewelry, are aimed at pushing the boundaries of crystal creativity.
Bringing poetry and enchantment into everyday life is the central vision and key objective of Swarovski. The product brand CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements is committed to nurturing products that share the Swarovski philosophy in areas as jewelry and accessories or other segments.
When sparks of light ignite a perfect cut, countless colors merge with fantastic brilliance, and new fantasies arise from future trends. Personal creations are transformed by ageless elegance. Objects of desire are born.
The Dawn of Emotion
CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements fire the imagination of designers in all corners of fashion. Incorporated into any design, the elements captivate the eye and enchant the heart; they turn any piece of jewelry or accessory into something very special and intimate.
- Individuality CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements are starting points used to create outstanding design pieces and to differentiate premium designs from ordinary products. In addition, Swarovski is the only company to provide the possibility of customized editions.
- Variety CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements are available in the largest variety of shapes and cuts, sizes, colors, and effects. The assortment ranges from classic gemstone cuts and refined crystal colors to contemporary, avant-garde cuts and the latest trend colors.
- Innovation Swarovski continuously develops new crystal elements and presents innovations featuring new cuts, sizes, colors and effects twice a year. Swarovski has developed the cut with the highest level of brilliance: the XILION. The XILION chaton with its clearly differentiated star shape cut and a brilliance that almost rivals a real diamond, it is a truly outstanding jewelry element.
- Highest Quality The brand CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements also stands for highest crystal quality, ensuring the excellence and durability of fashion and jewelry pieces. The exceptional resistance of CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements secures best results in case of electroplating, gluing or setting and thus guarantees a highly efficient and versatile application. They meet the most demanding requirements for everyday use, and are resistant to perfume, chlorine- and seawater and thus support the long-lasting beauty of the crystal design.
- Elemantal Attraction. The key to sustainable success is having a story to tell and being highly innovative while always ensuring best quality. CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements facilitate both: fascination, differentiation and the creation of high quality designs in a multitude of different ways.
- A Strong Brand CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements, supported by global marketing activities, enables our partners to position themselves on a premium level and hence increase sales.
- Corporate Social Responsibility has always been central to the main governance of Swarovski. The company has always conducted its business respecting the environment and supporting the community.
- Outstanding Brilliance due to highest clarity of crystal and perfect cutting technology. The XILION elements stand out because of their clearly differentiated star shape cut. They set the ultimate level of brilliance with the broadest light distribution and most intense luminosity. CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements are offered in the most complex and differentiated cuts, generated by the perfect positioning of facets and highest precision. The perfection lies in the fine details that can be achieved: the small-sized edges of our products results in even higher levels of brilliance.
- Perfect Hole Solutions: CRYSTALLIZED™ Beads or Pendants have a crystal clear hole that creates even more brilliance and color intensity. In addition, the rounded edges on the hole entry and exit protect the thread and support the longevity of the designed piece.
- Consistency of Colors and Covering Effects for all cuts and sizes.
- Widest Variety of shapes and cuts, sizes, colors and effects for all CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements.
- Platinum Foiling meets highest demands. It withstands severest processing techniques (soldering, electroplating etc.), and thus is resistant to common environmental influences (perfume, chlorine- and seawater etc.) in finished jewelry pieces.